Diallo T. Crenshaw
Mr. Crenshaw, a Principal with the firm, practices in all areas of patent law with an emphasis on counseling clients on intellectual property matters, preparing and prosecuting patents, and preparing infringement and validity opinions. Mr. Crenshaw's practice includes the electrical, mechanical, and software arts.
Diallo majored in Computer Science at the University of Pennsylvania, and subsequently worked full-time at Quality Systems, Inc. (now known as BAE Systems) while attending George Washington University Law School.
Mr. Crenshaw has worked in diversified technology areas, including wireless and communication networks, computer hardware and computer architecture, telecommunications, mobile communications, voice processing, automotive systems, mechanical processes, printers, and medical imaging arts.
Diallo was formerly a partner at a well-known intellectual property firm and continues to serve in leadership positions in several intellectual property professional organizations.
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School (2001)
- Bachelor of Applied Science, Computer Science, University of Pennsylvania (1992)
- District of Columbia and Maryland State Bars, Attorney at Law
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Registered Patent Attorney
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, Member
Selected Speaking Engagements
- 2016 AIPF Annual Meeting, "Recent Developments in Patent Eligibility," Boston, MA, (September 15, 2016).
- Presented on International Panel Discussing the topic "Patent Ineligibility - An International Perspective. Recent US court decisions have shaken long-held views of what was thought to be the boundary between patentable and unpatentable subject matter", Association of Intellectual Property Law Firms, 2015 Annual Meeting, Toronto, Canada, (October 2, 2015). (speech).
- Presented on Panel Discussing the topic “Patents, Trademarks, Copyright…Oh My”, National Society of Black Engineers 38th Annual Convention, Pittsburgh, PA (May 31, 2012).
- Presented at "Partnering in Patents XVI-An Open Dialogue Between the USPTO and the Bar" on "Impact of Bilski and the USPTO Interim Guidelines on Patent Prosecution and Enforcement," at U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (October 2009).
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- National Bar Association, IP Section - Past Secretary
- Association of Intellectual Property Firms (AIPF) - Former member of Board of Directors, former Treasurer
- American Intellectual Property Law Education Foundation (AIPLEF)- President, Board Trustee, and Past Treasurer
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)- Past Chair, Diversity in IP Law Committee
- DC Bar - Past Community Outreach Coordinator for the Electronics and Computer Law Committee
- Moot Court Board, George Washington University, 1999-2001
- Giles Rich Intellectual Property Moot Court Competition Semi-finalist, 1999